„personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person;
“processing” means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction;
“controller” means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data; where the purposes and means of such processing are determined by Union or Member State law, the controller or the specific criteria for its nomination may be provided for by Union or Member State law;
“recipient” means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or another body, to which the personal data are disclosed, whether a third party or not. However, public authorities which may receive personal data in the framework of a particular inquiry in accordance with Union or Member State law shall not be regarded as recipients; the processing of those data by those public authorities shall be in compliance with the applicable data protection rules according to the purposes of the processing;
II. General Information
Kurz Pfitzer Wolf & Partner Rechtsanwälte mbB
Tel. +49 711 410 190 30
Fax +49 711 410 190 59
2. Contact information for the data processing officer
Tel. +49 711 460 502 540
3. Information about processing operations
We will inform you about the legal basis of each processing operation. We will also inform you if we intent to transfer personal data in certain countries outside the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA).
4. Rights of the data subject
These are your rights as a data subject:
- pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR you have the right to request information about your personal data processed by us; you may also request information regarding the purposes for processing your personal data , the categories of personal data processed, the recipients or categories of recipients to whom your information has been or will be disclosed, the planned safeguarding period or the criteria for determining the safeguarding period, the provenance of your personal data if your personal data was not collected from you, the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and, where appropriate, meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing for you, your right to rectification or deletion of your personal data, your right to limit such a processing or your right to object to such processing, the existence of a right to appeal to such processing in front of the supervisory authority; Finally, you have a right to know whether personal data has been transmitted to a country outside the EU or to an international organization and, if this is the case, the right to receive information about the measures taken for appropriate data security associated with such a transfer;
- pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR, you have the right to obtain the rectification of inaccurate personal data stored with us without undue delay;
- pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR, you may request the deletion of your personal data stored with us, unless the processing of personal data is justified by the right of freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation or for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR you can demand the limitation of the processing of your personal data, if and as far as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful and you are opposed to the erasure of your personal data and request the restriction of the use of such data instead; and we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by you for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; or you have objected to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR, but it has not yet been determined whether our legitimate reasons for the data processing outweigh your interest.
- pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR you may request the transfer of the personal data you have provided us with in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit this personal data to another controller;
- pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data at any time to, on grounds relating to your particular situation, or personal data is processed for direct marketing purposes and the legal basis for the processing of the personal data are the protection of our legitimate interests or those legitimate interests of a third party according to Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR;
- pursuant to Art. 7 Para. 3 GDPR, you may at any time revoke your once given consent for processing your personal data to us. As a result of such a withdrawal, we are not allowed to continue processing your personal data in the future;
- pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence, your place of work or our place of office.
Please contact us or our data processing officer at any time using the contact details above if you want to exercise one of these rights.
5. Erasure and restriction of processing of personal data
Except if stipulated otherwise for individual processing operations in this privacy information, personal data that are not needed anymore for the purposes such data was collected or processed for will be deleted except if such data are subject to statutory retention periods. For example, this is the case for personal data we need to comply with tax law or bookkeeping regulations. Documentation subject to § 257 Abs. 1 Nr. 2 and 3 HGB as well as § 147 Abs. 1 Nr. 2, 3, 5 AO needs to be retained for six years. Documentation subject to § 257 Abs. 1 Nr. 1 and 4 HGB as well as § 147 Abs. 1 Nr. 1, 4, 4a AO needs to be retained for 10 years.
III. Individual processing operations
To make our services available to the public, we are using services provided by hosting providers, such as web servers, disk space, database services, security and maintenance services. We, respectively or our hosting provider on our behalf, are processing personal data of our users to provide our website and our services safely and efficiently to our users.
2. Access data and log files
When you connect to our website and services, the browser on your device is automatically sending information to the server delivering our website.
The following information is stored:
- IP address of the device requesting access to our website,
- Date and time of the access,
- Name and URL of the retrieved file,
- Website from which our website is accessed (referrer URL),
- The browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your device as well as the name of your access provider.
This data is processed for the following purposes:
- provision of our website and services including all functions and contents
- improving the user experience for our website and services
- Ensuring system security and stability
- Anonymized statistical evaluation of users accessing our website and services
- Website optimization
- Disclosure to law enforcement authorities in the event of unlawful interference / attack on our systems
- Other administrative purposes.
This data is stored in log files and deleted at the latest after 6 months, except it is needed for other purposes, for example for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims. The legal basis for the data processing is Art. 6 Para. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interest is based on the purposes of data processing as listed above.
3. Getting into contact with us
If you use the contact form or contact us by email, you need to provide your name and email address or other contact information so that we can get in personal contact with you. Further information can be provided voluntarily in case you want us to answer a specific question we need that information for. The processing of personal data for the purpose of getting into contact with you is based on your consent according to Art. 6 Para. 1 p. 1 lit. a GDPR. All personal data collected from you will be deleted after we answered your inquiry unless we need to store and process the data for further purposes (for example the subsequent conclusion of a contract or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims).
4. Direct marketing to clients via e-mail
If we have obtained your email address in connection with the establishment of a client relationship with our firm, we may use your email address for direct advertising of our own similar goods or services. This is only applicable, if you have not objected to this use of your email address and we have clearly and unequivocally advised when the email address was collected and each time it is used that you can object to such use at any time. The legal basis for the data processing is Art. 6 Para. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interest is based on our interest in direct marketing.
IV. Statistics and Analysis
1. VG Wort
Our website uses the „Skalierbare Zentrale Messverfahren“ (SZM) [scalable centralized measurement process] provided by INFOnline GmbH, Brühler Str. 9, D-53119 Bonn (in the following „INFOnline“).
The purpose of the data processing is the determination of statistical values to ascertain the probability of our texts being copied. The legal basis for the data processing is our legitimate interest according to Art. 6 Para. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR to participate in the payouts by VG Wort [copyright collecting society for writings]. In this process, anonymous metrics are being collected. The measurement of access numbers either uses a session cookie are a signature made up of various information automatically transferred by your browser or device to recognize computer systems. IP addresses are only processed after prior anonymization.
IV. Media Content
Partially, we are using third party content directly embedded from the service of the respective providers listed below in detail. The purpose of embedding this content is to make our website more attractive. Our legitimate interest in embedding such third party content is based on the purpose of making our website more attractive. The legal basis for the data processing is Art. 6 Para. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR.