Are you the owner of a gallery, operator of a museum or an auction house, or an art dealer and require legal advice in acquiring or selling works and objects of art? Or are you a collector and looking for legal advice in connection with acquiring art? Or are you an artist and would like to protect or enforce your legal interests with respect to third parties?
What we offer
The legal trade is marked by many legal questions. Thus, the modalities of the exhibition, liability questions, and the granting of usage rights must be clarified with the artist or the lender/donor of a piece of art, for example, for galleries and museums. But also auction houses, art dealers, and collectors often have many legal problems when purchasing and selling art. In addition to questions about the purchase or other planned or already completed transfers of rights (such as through donation, exchange, or loan), legal topics from other areas of art law, art publishing, government or private art funding, or within the scope of implementing public or private art projects may also be important for the artist.
We can therefore handle the review of the technical and legal situation, advise and represent you with respect to legal questions within art law, and design for you legally secure contracts.
Our activities also include the tracking of contract violations, copyright violations, or other rights to intellectual property by means of an official warning, in proceedings for a temporary injunction, or complaint proceedings, which are part of the special strength of our law practice due to the many years of practical experience and the technical expertise of the attorneys and specialized lawyers.
Scope of service
- Consulting in art law in connection with acquiring and assigning rights
- Creating and reviewing contracts such as gallery and exhibition contracts, art sale contracts
- Consulting regarding compensation and revenues
- Consulting and representation in the area of art publishing law, art funding, and in implementing projects
- Consulting and representation regarding the law on social insurance for artists
- Consulting and representation in connection with collecting societies
- Examination and assessment of the technical and legal situation
- Representation before all relevant courts in Germany by means of temporary injunction proceedings and in complaint proceedings
We normally offer these services to you calculated according to the time spent at a suitable hourly rate. We believe that cost transparency and cost reliability obviously form the basis of successful cooperation. We will be happy to provide you with an estimate of the expected costs and the cost risk before taking the job.