Are you involved in art publishing activities and do you require legal advice within the scope of designing contracts, structuring projects, cooperating with co-publishers and sub-publishers, or administrating proceeds? Do you need legal support in tracking legal violations out of court or in court? Or are you an artist and looking for expert assistance in negotiating your contracts and protecting your interests with respect to art publishers?
What we offer
Regardless of whether it involves a publisher of catalogs, monographs, art books, or illustrated books, or as a publisher of anthologies in the subject of architecture, photography, painting, graphic art, sculpture, or monument preservation, art publishers require the granting of corresponding usage rights from the artists and other rights holders in order to reproduce and distribute the published works and for the further exploitation thereof. Furthermore, all parties are concerned with the question of appropriate compensation or distribution of proceeds and the modalities of publishing and advertising. We can support you within the scope of negotiations and handle the design of legally secure contracts in the area of art publishing law.
We will be glad to take on the tracking of contract violations and violations to copyrights or other rights to intellectual property by means of an official warning, in proceedings for a temporary injunction, or complaint proceedings, which are part of the special strength of our law practice due to the many years of practical experience and the technical expertise of the attorneys and specialized lawyers.
Scope of service
- Creating, designing and negotiating contracts in the area of art publishing
- Consulting regarding the modalities of the publishing contract
- Consulting regarding compensation and distribution of revenues
- Consulting in connection with acquiring and assigning rights
- Consulting with respect to the legal options and the strategic procedure
- Examination and assessment of the technical and legal situation
- Consulting and representation during negotiations with collecting societies
- Representation before all relevant courts in Germany by means of temporary injunction proceedings and in complaint proceedings
We normally offer these services to you calculated according to the time spent at a suitable hourly rate. We believe that cost transparency and cost reliability obviously form the basis of successful cooperation. We will be happy to provide you with an estimate of the expected costs and the cost risk before taking the job.