Are you a translator of German or foreign-language text and require advice regarding legal questions in connection with your activities? Do you require support in negotiating and designing translator contracts or compensation regulations? Or are you a publishing company or a publisher of translated works and have a need for legal advice with respect to this?
What we offer
The Copyright Act grants the translator of foreign-language text their own copyright protection. Therefore, publishers wishing to use a translation require the granting of a usage right from the translator. We can support translators in securing their rights, designing and negotiating contracts, and if necessary in judicial enforcement. We can also advise publishers in creating model contracts or individual translator contracts and within the scope of the negotiation and implementation thereof.
Scope of service
- Creating, designing, and negotiating legally secure licensing agreements
- Consulting with respect to the legal options and the strategic procedure
- Examination and assessment of the technical and legal situation
- Consulting regarding compensation and distribution of revenues
- Consulting regarding necessary or beneficial changes to existing contracts and titles
- Consulting and representation during negotiations with collecting societies
- Consulting and representation with respect to literary and artist agents
- Representation before all district and regional courts in Germany by means of temporary injunction proceedings and in complaint proceedings
We normally offer these services to you calculated according to the time spent at a suitable hourly rate. We believe that cost transparency and cost reliability obviously form the basis of successful cooperation. We will be happy to provide you with an estimate of the expected costs and the cost risk before taking the job.