Are you an event organizer of musical, staged, or sporting events or other types of events and would you like to avoid legal risks in planning and executing your event? As an event organizer, artist, agent, service provider, advertising partner, or sponsor, are you currently being affected by legal problems and looking for a solution? As an artist or musical group, do you require support in reviewing and negotiating your contracts and in cooperating with collecting societies (e.g. GEMA, [German Society for Musical Performance and Mechanical Reproduction], GVL [German Collecting Society for Performance Rights]). Or are you a company and wish to have legal security regarding any claims from the artists' social insurance?
What we offer
For event organizers, we offer a comprehensive review of the legal situation, particularly regarding the copyright and contractual aspects of the event, its ability to receive approval, the feasibility of safety regulations, as well as other liability problems. We will indicate to you any potential risks in connection with the event and will work together with our client to find solutions for the avoidance thereof.
Our consulting services include all questions connected to sponsorship and advertising campaigns, naming and identifier measures, media exploitation measures, and strategies for preventing unauthorized use of the advertising value of the event by third parties (so-called ambush marketing).
We can advise and represent event organizers, artists, agents, service providers, advertising partners, or sponsors regarding the design and negotiating of any necessary contracts and in the event of disputes.
Scope of service
- Creating and reviewing contracts, such as contracts with event venues, concert or performance contracts, artist and guest performance contracts, management and agent contracts, marketing or sponsorship contracts, and contracts regarding rights to your own name at event venues
- Consulting and representation in copyright, identifier, and competition law
- Consulting in connection with official approvals
- Consulting connection with safety regulations
- Consulting and representation in liability and insurance law
- Negotiations with collecting societies (e.g. GEMA, GVL)
- Consulting for media exploitation and creating reports
- Consulting and representation regarding the law on social insurance for artists
We normally offer these services to you calculated according to the time spent at a suitable hourly rate. We believe that cost transparency and cost reliability obviously form the basis of successful cooperation. We will be happy to provide you with an estimate of the expected costs and the cost risk before taking the job.